Tomato Spanish Rice
Made this as a side for Mexican meals.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup rice
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- Mix all ingredients in sauce pan.
- Bring to boil and stir well.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer till liquid is absorbed and rice is tender (20 to 30 minutes).
- Note I cook this in the microwave so the time is approximate.
- To microwave, mix all ingredients in a microwaveable bowl about 2 quart size. Cover loosely with plastic wrap with small vent. Push rice button and about midway through cycle press stop/pause and stir then continue cycle.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Very nice. Made exactly as directed, no substitutes, nothing left out! I cooked on top of the stove, although another time I might use the microwave method, as I more generally do cook my rice in the microwave. This was pleasantly spicy, but not overly so, it would accompany most dishes, and particularly nice with tomato-based sauces. Can you tell I like tomatoes? :D Made for Think Pink, October 2009
This was pretty good. I didn't follow the recipe though. It just looked like there would me too much tomato paste, so I scooped about half of it out. I only used just under 1t chili powder...again just seemed like too much. It definitely needed salt. I didn't have bouillon so I used chicken broth. I was pleased with the results & can't wait to eat the leftovers tomorrow.