Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an adopted recipe. I shall be trying it out and then post any additional information if needs be. If you are going to give any or no stars, please at least give the reason why so that you can help me improve the recipe. Thank you.
- 24 ladyfingers, Toasted In A 375 Degree Oven 15 Min
- 2 cups espresso coffee, Cooled
- 6 eggs, Separated
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lb mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons triple sec
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons orange extract
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, Finely Chopped
- Arrange the ladyfingers on a plate and lightly soak them with the cooled espresso.
- Put half of the soaked ladyfingers in one layer in a rectangular serving dish.
- While the ladyfingers are soaking, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until the yolks turn pale in color.
- Add the mascarpone, the liquors, and the extract, and stir gently.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with a wire whisk until they are stiff.
- Gently fold the whites into the mascarpone mixture. Use half of this mixture to make a layer on top of the ladyfingers in the serving dish.
- Sprinkle with half of the chopped chocolate. Repeat the procedure with another layer of soaked ladyfingers, the mascarpone mixture, and chocolate. Cover with tin foil and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Being Italian, I am always on the lookout for Tiramisu recipes. This one was excellent. The mix of flavors was over the top and good to serve to guests, which I did. We all loved it and I will definately be making this again. I can't understand why the low ratings. They must have done something wrong! Try this, and you will see how wonderful it is. Heck, if it's good enough for Balducci's to serve, you KNOW it's gotta be good!