Recipe by lucky ladybug
I am a connoisseur of peanut butter pies. Some are too fluffy, some are too dense. This is just right. I found this one in a Smucker's (R) ad and I've never had better, especially now that I've made a couple small changes. Reserve a spot at the gym, because you'll need it after you make this! (And trust me, licking the spoon is reason enough to make it.)
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Wow, if you love rich, decadent desserts -- you will not be disappointed. My husband loved it; however, it was a little too sweet for me. It made a beautiful presentation and it was extremely easy to make. Made for PAC, 2011. Thanks for the post.
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust
- 1 cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy--I like crunchy myself)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 12 ounces non-dairy whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 (11 3/4 ounce) jar chocolate fudge topping, divided
- 2 tablespoons hot fudge topping
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, beat together peanut butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Gently fold in 3 cups of whipped topping.
- Spoon mixture into pie shell and smooth to edges of the shell.
- Reserving 2 Tbs. of hot fudge topping, place the remainder of the topping into a microwave safe container and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir.
- Spread the hotfudge topping over the peanut butter layer.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Just before serving, spread the remaining whipped topping over the hor fudge layer, being careful not to mix the layers.
- Place 2 Tbs. of hot fudge topping (room temperature) in a small baggie and knead for a few seconds. Cut a tiny hole in the corner of the baggie and drizzle over the pie to make it pretty.