Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I am a connoisseur of peanut butter pies. Some are too fluffy, some are too dense. This is just right. I found this one in a Smucker's (R) ad and I've never had better, especially now that I've made a couple small changes. Reserve a spot at the gym, because you'll need it after you make this! (And trust me, licking the spoon is reason enough to make it.)
- In a medium bowl, beat together peanut butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Gently fold in 3 cups of whipped topping.
- Spoon mixture into pie shell and smooth to edges of the shell.
- Reserving 2 Tbs. of hot fudge topping, place the remainder of the topping into a microwave safe container and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir.
- Spread the hotfudge topping over the peanut butter layer.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Just before serving, spread the remaining whipped topping over the hor fudge layer, being careful not to mix the layers.
- Place 2 Tbs. of hot fudge topping (room temperature) in a small baggie and knead for a few seconds. Cut a tiny hole in the corner of the baggie and drizzle over the pie to make it pretty.
Wow, if you love rich, decadent desserts -- you will not be disappointed. My husband loved it; however, it was a little too sweet for me. It made a beautiful presentation and it was extremely easy to make. Made for PAC, 2011. Thanks for the post.
I've always loved this dessert. It is rich, but once in a while my taste buds crave something decadent. This fits the bill nicely. Because it's so easy to make, it's tempting to whip it together regularly. This is a classic.
This is the first recipe I tried from zaar. It was soooo delicious. Being a major chocolate and peanut butter fan I thought it was awesome and so easy to make. I garnished it with peanuts arount the outside edge and guests thought it was from a bakery...it looked so professional :-) I only had to hold back on the fifth star because my kids only took a couple bites each and a couple of guests felt it was too rich. Thanks for posting this delish recipe!!