Recipe by Sooz Cooks
I love curry but I like it simple with lots of curry sauce. This is easy and delicious.
Top Review by Pam-I-Am
This was very good. A nice comfort food thai meal. I added an onion to it and put thai chili sauce on top for some heat. I did think it was a little bland and added some salt in the end. It's a keeper tho with these few adjustments.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into small dice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14 ounce) cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (depending on the curry this could make it pretty spicy! Might try 2 teaspoons first and then add to )
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peas, frozen
- 1 cup pineapple chunk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper
- jasmine rice (freshly cooked)
- chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken and brown.
- Add chicken broth, coconut milk, curry powder and brown sugar and bring to a simmer.
- Add peas and simmer until chicken is just cooked through and peas are tender, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in pineapple.
- Mix in lime juice and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a scoop of Jasmine rice in a bowl and spoon curry over the rice.
- Serve with chopped cilantro garnish if desired.