Awesome Thai Chicken Coconut Curry
This recipe introduced me to the fantastic flavour of coconut milk and curry paste, its insane how good it is, don't even think of skimping on any of the ingredients, you need them all. Fish sauce is super cheap and you can find it in the asian food isle in your supermarket. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
- Ready In:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 -2 teaspoon red curry paste (1 for medium 2 for hot)
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk (unsweetened, not lite)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stalk lemongrass, first outer layer removed cut in half
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- chopped green onion
- Heat the oil in a large wok, add the garlic, saute.
- Add the curry, ginger and the thicker cream on top of the can of coconut milk to the wok, whisk.
- Now add the rest of the coconut milk in along with everything but the chicken and pineapple, whisk.
- Bring to a slow boil for 7 minutes, then discard the lemongrass Add the chicken and pineapple and cook till the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 7-9 minutes.
- Serve over Jasmine rice and top with green onion.
- Soooooooooooooo yummy!