Recipe by Pantry Chef Starkey
Tickle your taste buds with this wonderful new tilapia recipe. For those of you who are not familiar with this fish it taste a lot like cod or white fish...very good!
Top Review by Felix4067
I was halfway through marinating the fillets when I discovered I was out of horseradish. I am NEVER out of horseradish. But...I did have some packets of Arby's Horsey Sauce! LOL I figured they were pretty close. The fish was excellent tasting, and melted in our mouths. I'll definitely be making it again with the right sauce.
- 2 filleted tilapia fillets, about 4 fillets
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar, more if needed
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 medium lemon, wedged
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash tilapia and place in flat non-metal pan. Cover with apple cider vinegar. Let stand in refrigerator 1/2 hour.
- Mix together low fat mayo and horseradish. Place aside.
- Bring enough water to make 1/2 inch depth in large pan to a boil. Place garlic in water, turn off heat. Remove tilapia from vinegar, carefully place into heated water and turn heat to very low.
- Sprinkle basil leaves and paprika over tilapia fillets and very lightly simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Serve with a spoonful of horseradish/mayonnaise mixture on each fillet and a lemon wedge.