Panko Encrusted Tilapia Fillets
I eally love the crunchy texture Panko gives to food.
- Ready In:
- 2 tilapia fillets, patted dry
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 flour
- 1 egg white, beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In 3 pie plate sized dishes, put egg white, flour and crumbs.
- Combine crumbs with seasonings.
- Dredge fish on both sides in flour,.
- shaking exess.
- Dip next in egg white on both sides.
- and then place in crumbs.
- Make sure to press firmly on both sides, so the crumbs will stick.
- Heat a large, non stick, pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoons oil.
- Add both fillets and cook until golden.
- About 5 minutes.
- Flip over and add remaning oil.
- Swirl pan so fish moves and is coated with the oil.
- Continue browning until fish is cooked.
- About another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was such a fast and easy recipe to make. Usually with fish recipes I have to run to the store and buy one or two ingredients, but I had everything on hand for this one. I tripled the recipe since I defrosted a 2 pound bag of Tilapia. I had to use a little more oil, but other than that I stuck to the recipe! Very good recipe! Thanks for posting it.