Tasty Tilapia Fillets
- Ready In:
- 2 filleted tilapia fillets, about 4 fillets
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar, more if needed
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 medium lemon, wedged
- Wash tilapia and place in flat non-metal pan. Cover with apple cider vinegar. Let stand in refrigerator 1/2 hour.
- Mix together low fat mayo and horseradish. Place aside.
- Bring enough water to make 1/2 inch depth in large pan to a boil. Place garlic in water, turn off heat. Remove tilapia from vinegar, carefully place into heated water and turn heat to very low.
- Sprinkle basil leaves and paprika over tilapia fillets and very lightly simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Serve with a spoonful of horseradish/mayonnaise mixture on each fillet and a lemon wedge.
Join The Conversation