Recipe by Ms_Lee
An old friend of mine gave me this recipe my suggestion is to prepare extra sauce you will love it!
Top Review by ann_marie_kelly
Just finished eating this and for the first time in my life I actually loved meatloaf. Made as written, except I used only ground beef, used a Hawaiian sweet & sour sauce I got at Sam's club and I used mozz and a cheddar/jack mix. Delicious.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 lb turkey
- 1⁄2 lb pork
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 cup coby monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the hamburger, turkey, pork, and eggs
- In 3 tbsp of olive oil sauté your onions.
- Let onions cool then mix in with your meat.
- Shake a 1/2 cup of bread crumbs over meat.
- Add salt and pepper to the meat mixture.
- Shape the meat into a loaf and place in a pan.
- To make the sauce, mix together ketchup, soy sauce and brown sugar.
- Spoon the sauce onto the meatloaf poke holes in the loaf so that the sauce will soak into the meat.
- Place the bacon strips on the meatloaf lengthwise.
- Bake for 1 hour at 375°F
- Remove from oven put the cheese on top and place it back in the oven until cheese melts.