Recipe by Laudee
This recipe was given to me many years ago by a family friend. I have no idea where she got it.It's very simple to fix; not much fuss. The ingredients for the sauce gave me cause for pause when I first read them, but this is a delicious tasting dish. You're in for a plesant surprise.
Top Review by * Pamela *
This was a real winner in my house!! I used 7 skinless chicken legs quarters and there were no leftovers!! (Our exchange student polished off 3 in one sitiing!!) I was curious about the ingredients in the sauce, but they blended together nicely to make a very tasty sauce. I actually made these in the oven in a covered casserole dish with great results. I think that this would work very well in a crock pot too! Thanks for sharing this recipe! I am glad I picked you as "my chef"!
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 -2 1⁄2 lb skinless chicken piece (I prefer boneless chicken)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 4 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place onion slices in electric skillet in a single layer.
- Arrange chicken pieces on top of onion slices.
- Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Set control at medium.
- Cook, covered for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low simmer setting and cook covered at least 2 hours.
- Turn chicken pieces periodically, and baste with sauce.
- Add a little amount of water at a time if sauce becomes too thick.