Cajun Blackened Skillet Chicken!
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine the oregano, spices (do not add thyme, that is for the end), and oil in a bowl, then rub over the chicken breasts to coat.
- Heat a large nonstick sauté pan over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, smooth side down.
- Pan fry for 2-3 minutes, until just beginning to blacken.
- Turn the chicken over, reduce heat, and cook for 3-6 minutes, until juices run clear.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and thyme just before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a 35-year-old mother, musician, and amateur chef. I love farmer's markets and fresh vegetables!</p>