Sweet and Sour Skillet Chicken
photo by CountryLady
- Ready In:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 2 stalks celery, diagonally sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, cut in strips
- 1⁄2 green pepper, cut in strips
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice or 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunk
- Cut chicken in strips.
- In large skillet bring chicken and stock to simmer over medium high heat.
- Add celery, onion and sweet peppers.
- Cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender crisp.
- Mix together juice, vinegar, brown sugar, corn starch and soya sauce until blended Stir into skillet and bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes until glossy and thickened.
- Add pineapple.
- Simmer for about 2 minutes or until heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yummy and simple to prepare. I used the first green pepper from my garden in this dish. We had this for supper with some jasmine rice. My BF looked at it in the pan and said "Hey it looks just like the stuff I get from a can!" That, however, is meant as a compliment. We both enjoyed this and the fact that it's a pretty healthy meal.