1/1 Photo of Super Easy Paella
1 hr 25 mins
My dad is from Spain and growing up we had the "real" thing for every holiday. I have been able to serve this to my extended family with no one the wiser and it is A LOT QUICKER AND EASIER than the traditional one and you don't need the Paella pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups parboiled rice (Uncle Ben's is parboiled)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 lb scallops
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken
- 1Chop the chicken into 1 inch chunks.
- 2Salt, pepper and garlic powder the meat.
- 3Brown in oil that has been heated in a large pot such as a Dutch Oven.
- 4Remove chicken and add peppers, onion, garlic, and cook until soft (about 10 minutes).
- 5Remove and put with chicken.
- 6In the same pot, combine, the tomatoes (you may need to cut them depending on the brand) and the liquid with the broth and water.
- 7Bring to a boil.
- 8Add turmeric and paprika and stir in the rice.
- 9Add the chicken and vegetables.
- 10Cover tightly and reduce heat to simmer (low or med low).
- 11Cook for 30-35 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- 12Add shrimp and scallops be sure to PUSH THEM TO THE BOTTOM UNDER THE RICE.
- 13Cook for 5-10 minutes uncovered or until the shrimp are pink.
- 14You may add a can of peas which I don't but it is the traditional way.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Easy Paella
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.3
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 161.9 mg
- Sodium 1215.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 39.9 g