Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are so yummy, and best with butterscotch chips (but you can try chocolate or peanut butter too!)
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oatmeal (uncooked)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Cream together margarine, shortening, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, salt, soda and oatmeal.
- Mix well and add in sunflower seeds and chips.
- Shape into balls, flaten slightly on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.
awesome cookies! made them this afternoon!
These were good. I used 1 cup of buter with no other substutions and these came out delicous. 10 minutes at 350 was just perfect in my oven.
These are delicious! We made them exactly as posted (with butterscotch chips), and love the flavor. The "nuttiness" of the sunflower seeds and the flavor from the butterscotch chips almost gives them a toffee flavor. Thanks for posting!