Chocolate Butterscotch Chip Cookies
photo by ElizabethKnicely
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 12 ounces butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa in mixing bowl.
- Beat butter, both sugars, and vanilla until creamy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Gradually add flour mix.
- Stir in butterscotch chips.
- Drop by large tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 9-11 minutes, or until slightly set.
- Cool on cookie sheets another 2 min, than remove to wire racks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
OH..... MY..... GOODNESS. <br/>Having gotten tired of the traditional chocolate chip cookie, I started looking and came across this one. I am SO glad I did!! I divided the dough in half and used white chocolate chips in one half, butterscotch in the other, at 5000 feet elevation I baked them EXACTLY 10 minutes and they're absolutely PERFECT. Now all I can think about is how this dough would be with mint chips... peanut butter chips, triple chocolate (white, light & dark) chips, and even those Andes Peppermint Crunch ones.... Thank you SO much for this recipe!
see 10 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a Colorado ski bum at heart, but am currently stuck in Miami, FL of all places working on my Doctoral degree in physical therapy at UM. I can't wait until I graduate and can get back to the mountains! 2 more years, 2 more years...I love to cook and find it a great way to relax and slow down after classes and I can't wait until I have more free time to be able to do it. I have been in the Air National Guard with Colorado and Florida for the last four years and have been fortunate enough to taste many different foods and stretch my palate. I have lots of recipes waiting to be posted and when I finally get the time I will, so stand by!