Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted from an online source in response to a recipe request. Needs refrigeration because it's really more like a chocolate cream cheese than it is traditional candy.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- Beat the cream cheese with melted chocolate, sweetener, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into 8" square foil-lined baking pan.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve chilled.
This was NOT good. it was very bitter and that stayed with you for a while. The recipe said to 'pour' into a pan. More like scoop. I will not be making this again.
This had a bitter taste, probably because of the sugar substitute. We added peanut butter and that helped some, but we won't be making this again.
Very difficult to get to set, as it took putting it in the freezer for a while. Also, even though extra cocoa can be added, it most likely will still taste like cream cheese.