Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted from an online source in response to a recipe request. Needs refrigeration because it's really more like a chocolate cream cheese than it is traditional candy.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- Beat the cream cheese with melted chocolate, sweetener, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into 8" square foil-lined baking pan.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve chilled.
Too overwhelming a cream cheese flavor. It did not set up properly. Consistency was gooey. No chocolate flavor, and no sweet flavor. Was very disappointed in the recipe..... Maybe, more chocolate & splenda.... Less cream cheese.... ??? I don't know.... This recipe needs A LOT OF WORK!
This was NOT good. it was very bitter and that stayed with you for a while. The recipe said to 'pour' into a pan. More like scoop. I will not be making this again.
This had a bitter taste, probably because of the sugar substitute. We added peanut butter and that helped some, but we won't be making this again.