Old Fashioned Chocolate Fudge
photo by TeamOHara
- Ready In:
1 Pound (16 ounces)
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut into pieces
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup undiluted evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (walnuts, pecans, your preference)
- Mix in a sauce pan the chocolate, brown and granulated sugars, milk and corn syrup.
- Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Cook, stirring occasionally (to prevent scorching) to the soft ball stage (234°-240°F on a candy thermometer), or until mixture forms a soft ball when a small amount is dropped into cold water.
- During cooking, occasionally wash down crystals from sides of pan.
- Remove from heat, add the butter and let stand until mixture is cool.
- Do not jar the pan or stir during cooling.
- When cool, beat until candy begins to lose its glossy appearance.
- Add the vanilla extract and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 8x8x2-inch pan and allow to cool completely.
- Cut into squares.
- Makes about 1 pound of candy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm married (46 years to the same lucky guy) and have 2 kids, a daughter 41, a son 36, and 2 beautiful grand daughters (8 yrs and 6 yrs). I have always enjoyed cooking and baking, especially breads :) One of my favorite quotes:?? Computers are like air conditioners; they stop working when you open Windows.