Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
These hors d'oeuvre were served at a gallery opening and were consumed before the host could put the tray down. This elegant hors d’oeuvre can be prepared a day ahead and baked just before serving. The stuffing mixture also makes an excellent filling for chicken breasts or fish fillets. Goes great with a nice bottle of Australian Shiraz. This wonderful recipe was found on a beautiful website: www.finedinings.com
- 40 large fresh mushrooms
- 3⁄4 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 6 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 ounces baby shrimp, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees F.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and chop finely; Place mushroom caps on baking sheets, stem-side up; Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil and add chopped mushroom stems, garlic, and Oregano; Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring often; Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Squeeze moisture out of spinach and add to cooked mushrooms with cottage cheese, onions, Parmesan cheese, shrimp, breadcrumbs, mustard and Tabasco; Mix well; Top mushrooms generously with filling.
- Bake at 400° degrees for 15 minutes until mushrooms are tender; Serve warm.