Seafood Stuffed Mushroom Caps
This is a recipe I make quite often for guests. They say they are the best stuffed mushrooms they have ever had. Sauteing the mushrooms to start is helpful because the moisture from the mushrooms doesn't make the filling too soggy and soupy.
- Ready In:
- 24 medium white mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 dash white wine
- 6 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 dash fresh lemon juice
- cooked shrimp
- Saute the mushroom caps in 1 tbsp butter and splash of wine till softened slightly and water has leached from the mushrooms.
- Puree rest of ingredients in food processor till well blended.
- Pipe the mixture into caps.
- Heat in the oven till done.
- About 15 minutes at 350.
- Sprinkle with parmessan and parsley if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Just looking at this combo of ingredients looks like it should be draw dropping excellent, but we weren't that impressed with them. The filling was too loose for our tastes and possibly cream cheese overpowering. It could have been that I used canned crab too. Made for Recipes Without Photos tag.1Reply
I would compare these to the ones at The Keg. I was a little worried as I only had Miracle Whip, but the 'zip' of MW was actually nice. My hubby wasn't crazy about the dill -- I liked it, but will probably omit it next time for him (: Thanks, Arabannie. This is a keeper (I'm facebook sharing it over to my mom)1Reply