Crabmeat Stuffed Portabella Mushroom Caps
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Easy, basic recipe that is sure to impress!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 4 large portabella mushroom caps, stemmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 lb lump crabmeat
- 1⁄3 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the mushroom caps with the 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the caps on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet, stem-end up, and roast in the oven until well roasted and browned, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Set a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat and add the butter to the pan.
- Once the butter is melted, about 1 minute, add the onions and saute until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour into the pan and stir to form a roux. Continue to cook the roux for 2 to 3 minutes before adding the milk.
- Bring the milk to a boil and reduce to a simmer, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the bechamel sauce for 5 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly before folding in the crabmeat and cheese.
- Combine the bread crumbs with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of the bechamel over each mushroom cap and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the bread crumb mixture over each stuffed mushroom.
- Place in the oven and roast until the bechamel is bubbling and lightly browned on the edges, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION