Spinach & Crab Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
- Ready In:
- 6 -8 medium portabella mushroom caps (cleaned and stemmed)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 2 eggs
- 2 (6 ounce) cans lump crabmeat
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 -5 tablespoons parmesan cheese (to taste)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Defrost spinach and thoroughly squeeze out all excess fluid.
- Drain crabmeat well.
- Mix together spinach, eggs, cheeses, bread crumbs crabmeat, garlic & salt. Saving 1/2 of the Mozzarella for topping.
- Stuff into mushroom caps.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake on cookie sheet 400 degrees for approx 20 minute.
The local grocery was out of portobellos, so I had to make do with regular mushrooms. I also used regular canned crabmeat instead of lump - I like the texture better in mixes like this. I enjoyed them quite a bit. As an appetizer, it was AWESOME! I'm serving some to my in-laws tomorrow night (I made extra mix, so I'd have some available). I'm looking forward to trying this with Portabellos, too!