Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 4 large green peppers
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- Wash peppers, remove tops and seeds.
- Place upright in 2 quart microproof casserole.
- Pour water over bottom of dish and cook covered on hi 2 minutes.
- Drain water.
- Let peppers stand while preparing filling.
- Crumble beef into glass mixing bowl.
- Add onion and cook on hi 4 minutes, stirring once during cooking.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in garlic salt pepper rice parsley and 1 cup tomato sauce.
- Fill green peppers with mixture mounding on top.
- Replace peppers in casserole and top each with remaining tomato sauce.
- Cook covered on hi 10 to 12 minutes or until peppers are tender.
These are just like mine except I prepare them different. I cook all the filling on top of the stove,parboil the peppers and bake at 350f until done.This is one of my favorite dishes to make in the summer when peppers are really cheap.
Just the way my family makes it, but without the microwave. Thanks for providing the recipe! Comfort food for me!