Recipe by Chef Dee
Looks elegant,tastes awesome, and easy to make. The perfect dessert for company.
Top Review by chef FIFI
Everyone loved it..I made this for a memorial day bbq, and I tripled this recipe, it made a huge portion. I would definately make this again over and over. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1 (10 inch) angel food cake
- 4 -5 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 (1 ounce) packages strawberry glaze
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 5 -6 fresh strawberries, for garnishing
- Break the angel food cake into small pieces.
- Cook the glaze following package directions, stir in the sliced strawberries, set aside.
- Beat the softened cream cheese with the sugar, then fold in the Cool Whip.
- Place half the cake pieces into the bottom of a large trifle bowl.
- Spoon 1/2 the cream cheese mixture over the cake.
- Place 1/2 the strawberry mixture over the cream cheese, then repeat all three layers.
- Garnish with Cool Whip and whole berries, chill for several hours.
- Note: This can also be made in a 9x13 pan.