Easy Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
photo by Sharon123
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 cups Cool Whip
- 10 3⁄4 ounces frozen pound cake, thawed
- additional strawberry (to garnish)
- In a bowl, toss strawberries with sugar; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese and orange juice until smooth.
- Fold in Cool Whip. Set aside.
- Cut pound cake into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Drain strawberries, reserving juice.
- Gently toss cake cubes with reserved juice.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a 4 quart trifle dish or clear serving bowl.
- Top with a third of the cream cheese mixture and half of the strawberries.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Garnish with strawberries, cut into fans.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours.
- (I've been impatient and served this almost immediately and it's still great!).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a wonderful trifle, enjoyed by all. Our little store didn't have frozen pound cake so I made from scratch using Recipe #63625 which worked out fine. I only had one pkg. of cream cheese so went with it and added another cup of Cool Whip. It still tasted rich and lovely. In fact, next time I will just use the one, save a few calories (although the cake did not save any!!). I am having a hard time not opening the fridge and digging into the leftovers. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Charmie. Made for ZWT - Xtra Hot Dishes.
Made this for Christmas dessert, and everyone loved it! I used 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture in each of 2 layers, and then topped with Cool Whip instead of cream cheese mixture. It looked lovely and tasted oh-so-good! It was also incredibly easy to put together, so it is definitely a winner! Thanks for sharing, Charmie!
see 7 more reviews