Easy & Elegant Strawberry Shortcake
photo by ChefLee
- Ready In:
FOR THE STRAWBERRIES
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Grand Marnier
FOR THE CAKE
- 1 lb store-bought butter creme cake (or pound cake)
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier
- 1⁄2 teaspoon limoncello (optional)
FOR THE GARNISH
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crystallized candied ginger (optional)
- Mix the sliced strawberries with the sugar and Grand Marnier then set aside in the fridge for a few hours to let the flavors meld and a sweet juice to form.
- Mix together the yogurt with the nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, Grand Marnier, and Limoncello. Set aside in the fridge until ready to serve your dessert.
- Serve the cake with the strawberries and juice poured over and top with a dollop of the yogurt cream and a sprinkle of candied ginger.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is soooooo delicious!!!! It is easy to put together and I almost like the Greek yogurt better than the typical whipped cream! It gives a depth of flavor that the fatty whipped cream doesn't give. I LOVE the topping of crystallized ginger, it gave another flavor dimension that went really really well with strawberries and the Grand Marnier juice!!! Will definitely make this shortcake again, thanks for the recipe!!!!!