Diabetic Strawberry Shortcake
photo by SaraEMiller
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mash two cups of strawberries and add 1/2 SPLENDA Granular or other sugar substitute.
- Mix in remaining strawberries.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Blend baking mix and 1/4 cup SPLENDA Granular or other sugar substitute in a bowl.
- Add milk and sour cream.
- Mix until soft dough forms.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet to form 6 shortcakes.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes until golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Cut in half and layer strawberry sauce and whipped topping in middle.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe is fantastic!!! My father-in-law is diabetic, but poo-poos anything with "fake" sugar as not being as good as the real thing. So, we didn't tell him this recipe contained Splenda, and he scarfed everything down and then complimented me on how good it was. Thanks Charlotte. A keeper!!!!!!
I was so excited to find this recipe! Quite a few of my in-laws are either diabetic or pre-diabetic and this was a lovely surprise for them. They loved it! I doubled the recipe with no problems and gave the tops an eggs wash just to make them shine. Wasn't quite sure how big to make them so I made them the size of a cat head biscuit which took a little longer to cook and yielded less servings but that was okay as they are pretty big eaters. Thanks for posting.