Strawberry Angel Trifle
photo by MSnow
- Ready In:
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) container whipped topping (I like TruWhip)
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar (I always sift, then measure)
- 1 prepared round angel food cake
- 3 pints strawberries
- 1 jar prepared strawberry glaze, sometimes called 'strawberry sauce.' Usually found in the produce section of the grocery
- Slice and quarter strawberries, reserving a few for garnish.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Cream sugar and cream cheese.
- Add whipped topping and beat until light and fluffy.
- Drain about 3/4 of the liquid produced from soaking the berries; pour the glaze over and stir.
- Slice cake into 2-inch pieces.
- Fill a trifle dish or 9-inch deep glass bowl, with layers of the cake, strawberries and then the cream cheese mixture.
- Garnish with reserved strawberries.
- Refrigerate at least six hours before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This got absolute rave reviews and I'm wishing now I had taken a picture of it! Used low fat cream cheese, cool whip free, and made my own glaze out of 1/4 c white sugar, 1/4 c cornstarch - mixed well together and a cup of water. Brought it to a boil, let it thicken slightly and then added some mashed strawberries. It didn't have the color of store bought but it tasted great at about 1/4 the price. Besides that, it is a fabulous recipe. Easy to do, beautiful presentation and Yummy to boot! Thanks!
This recipe has been quite a hit at my office functions. I have used thawed strawberries from the freezer and drained off the liquid. An extra container of glaze will help alleviate the additional juice remaining after draining is first done. The presentation is affected by the strawberry mix liquidity but the taste is still excellent.
Very deserving of 5 stars or even more. I took this to a tea party and everyone raved about it. I made a couple of small changes - used my homemade strawberry jam in place of the glaze, a sugar free angel food cake and splenda. I even told everyone it was reduced sugar but all agreed there is so much flavor in this trifle that no one missed it. Thank you for a beautiful and tasty dish.