Cherry Angel Food Trifle
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- 10 inches round pre-made angel food cake (store bought or homemade, your choice)
- 1 3⁄4 cups cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (1/2 ounce) envelope whipped dessert topping mix
- 1⁄2 cup cold milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a mixing bowl, combine the 1 3/4 cups of milk and pudding mix. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- In another bowl, beat whipped topping mix, vanilla and the 1/2 cup remaining milk until stiff peaks form.
- Cut cake into 1/2 inch cubes and place half in a 3 quart glass trifle bowl.
- Sprinkle with 1 tbls cherry juice.
- Top with half of the pie filling, half of the prepared pudding and 1/4 cup of the chocolate syrup.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with whipping topping and remaining syrup.
- Sprinkle with coconut and almonds.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Really, really outstanding dessert, even if I did make a couple of very, very small changes just to satisfy my own craving for cherries & chocolate! I made the cake (lots of time, what with the forums down right now!) then doubled the amount of cherries, chocolate (also used a homemade chocolate sauce) AND pudding, & we were thoroughly satisfied with the results! Not that I'd make it that way every time I make it again, but I was just in the mood for a cherry-&-chocolate overload, so . . . Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm one of the original members of RecipeZaar and an active member in the old forums. I loved meeting so many wonderful people from across the globe in what were truly amazing forums and during events on the site which encouraged interaction. I miss those forums and am saddened that this is now just another recipe collection site. I will always come back here as I have so many recipes saved of my own and tried many gems. I hope you are able to find something you like.</p>