Fruity Angel Food Cake Trifle
photo by CoffeeB
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- 4 cups cold milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 prepared angel food cake (approx 8-inch diameter)
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced pears, drained
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 4 kiwi fruits, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes; set aside.
- Split cake horizontally into thirds.
- Place one layer in a 5 quart trifle or serving bowl that is 9 inches in diameter (see note in heading about measuring).
- Top with a third of the pudding, third of the whipped topping and a third of the fruit.
- Repeat layers two times.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
I made this for Christmas! The only changes I made were: I made a corn flour spongecake for the cake base, and I made my own whipped cream (and no blueberries). I made 2 of these trifles - one exact to recipe, and the other with the cake soaked in Creamy Sherry. They were both spectacular! They were also spooned into before I could take a photo!!! haha, but they were enjoyed by all. Thank you for the recipe :)
this came out wonderful although I wish I would have had the kiwi fruits my store did not have any, I used my recipe#79506 instead of the frozen whipped topping, I have to state to make certain that the pineapple tidbits are very well drained, or the cake will end up slightly soggy, thanks for sharing Mel!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm one of the original members of RecipeZaar and an active member in the old forums. I loved meeting so many wonderful people from across the globe in what were truly amazing forums and during events on the site which encouraged interaction. I miss those forums and am saddened that this is now just another recipe collection site. I will always come back here as I have so many recipes saved of my own and tried many gems. I hope you are able to find something you like.</p>