- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 2 bananas, peeled
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix
Filling and Fruit
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes vanilla pudding mix or (3 ounce) boxes banana pudding mix
- 3 1⁄2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups sliced strawberries, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped with
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees; line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick foil; set aside.
- For cake, in blender, combine 1 1/3 cups water, the bananas, egg whites and oil.
- Blend until smooth, about 1 minutes.
- Place cake mix in large bowl and add mixture from blender.
- With an electric mixer, beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then increase speed to high and beat 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for 33-35 minutes.
- Cook cake in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then, using foil, lift cake from pan and cool completely.
- For filling and fruit, meanwhile, cook pudding mix with milk for 15-20 minutes over medium heat, until thickened and bubbly.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Trim edges from cooled cake.
- Cut in half, then cut one half into cubes (about 20).
- Place in a trifle dish or bowl and press slightly to compress.
- Spoon 2 cups pudding over cake.
- Top with 1 sliced banana and 1 cup of the sliced strawberries.
- Cut second cake half into cubes and continue layering cake, pudding, bananas and strawberries.
- Top with heavy cream.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!