Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this in a wok my mom gave me. Just had to try it. Very good!!!
- 340.19 g flank steaks or 340.19 g london broil beef, thinly sliced
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml sherry wine
- 14.79 ml light soy sauce
- 226.79 g fresh string bean, cleaned
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled & minced fine
- 4.92 ml cornstarch, dissolved in
- 118.29 ml chicken broth, and
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- Marinate beef in cornstarch, sherry& soy sauce about 1/2 hour.
- Cook beans in boiling water 2 minutes.
- Rinse in cold water.
- Heat oil in wok.
- Brown garlic& ginger.
- Add beef.
- Stir fry until color changes.
- Add beans & sugar.
- Stir fry 1 minute.
- Add dissolved corn starch mixture.
- Stir fry till thickened.
- Serve with rice if desired.
- Serves 4-6.
Used my bumper crop of green beans to make this. Used sirloin steak and it ended up with a good tender consistency as well as a good flavor. Good recipe- thanks for sharing! Liked it a lot.
lovely stir fry, lots of flavour and we loved the veggies crunchy. very easy to put together, I used yellow wax beans and added some zucchini and carrots I wanted to use up. The touch of sherry added a lovely flavour and the sauce was delicious with a touch of ginger. Served it over some left over brown rice, I will be making this again, thanks for posting.
Very easy dinner to make! I doubled the sauce because I also double the amount of veggies ( I used green beans and some asparagus that needed to be cooked up). I would maybe boil the green beans a little longer, but that is just a personal preference, I don't like them crunchy!