This is one of those hand me down recipes from Grandmother, mother to daughter. There is enough water to stop the rhubarb from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Place the rhubarb, sugar, water and lemon juice into a medium saucepan set over low heat and cover.
- Simmer gently, stirring occasionally for 10- 12 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- Remove from the heat and set aside in a medium bowl, covered.
- Great with"Baked mascarpone cheesecake".
- See recipe listed here at Recipezaar.
We love rhubarb! This was served over pound cake and it got a lot of ooohs and ahhhs! Very easy to make. Just sweet enough. Next time I will double the recipe and have some ready in the fridge. Seems like we always have a lot of rhubarb go to waste I'm thinking this would freeze nicely too! Thanks Chris, good recipe!
My toddler LOVES stewed rhubarb. And this is always a good reliable way of making it. We like it with vanilla icecream.
This is the same as my mother used to make and I think she was shown how by her mother.......a real old tried & true recipe. I served mine with Easy Custard. A nice finish to our dinner. Thanks for posting this real 'keeper' :)