Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is one of those hand me down recipes from Grandmother, mother to daughter. There is enough water to stop the rhubarb from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- 500 g rhubarb, trimmed,cut into 3 cm pieces
- 160 g sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place the rhubarb, sugar, water and lemon juice into a medium saucepan set over low heat and cover.
- Simmer gently, stirring occasionally for 10- 12 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- Remove from the heat and set aside in a medium bowl, covered.
- Great with"Baked mascarpone cheesecake".
- See recipe listed here at Recipezaar.
We love rhubarb! This was served over pound cake and it got a lot of ooohs and ahhhs! Very easy to make. Just sweet enough. Next time I will double the recipe and have some ready in the fridge. Seems like we always have a lot of rhubarb go to waste I'm thinking this would freeze nicely too! Thanks Chris, good recipe!
My toddler LOVES stewed rhubarb. And this is always a good reliable way of making it. We like it with vanilla icecream.
This is the same as my mother used to make and I think she was shown how by her mother.......a real old tried & true recipe. I served mine with recipe#238798. A nice finish to our dinner. Thanks for posting this real 'keeper' :)