I've modified my grandmother's recipe for the 21st Century. I can't have a dinner party and not asked to make this simple dish. Enjoy!
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips (you could use thigh meat as well or chicken strips)
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream or 1 (8 ounce) container plain yogurt
- 1 box Ritz crackers (the 3 roll size or the minis which crush easier, you can substitute bread crumbs if you like) or 1 box Chicken In A Biscuit crackers (you can substitute bread crumbs if you like)
- 1 cup sweet butter
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons tarragon (for color and flavor) or 2 tablespoons marjoram (for color and flavor)
- Clean chicken and pour sour cream over it and let marinate for about an hour in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, take crackers and crush into medium course crumbs, mix in Parmesan cheese and Tarragon/ Marjoram.
- Melt half of the butter and pour on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Dredge chicken in the cracker mixture and set in baking dish.
- Repeat until complete.
- Melt rest of butter and pour on top of chicken.
- Bake@ 350 for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown.