1/2 Photos of Steven's World Famous To-Die-For Sour Cream Chicken
Steven L.'s Note:
I've modified my grandmother's recipe for the 21st Century. I can't have a dinner party and not asked to make this simple dish. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips (you could use thigh meat as well or chicken strips)
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream or 1 (8 ounce) container plain yogurt
- 1 box Ritz crackers (the 3 roll size or the minis which crush easier, you can substitute bread crumbs if you like) or 1 box Chicken In A Biscuit crackers (you can substitute bread crumbs if you like)
- 1 cup sweet butter
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons tarragon (for color and flavor) or 2 tablespoons marjoram (for color and flavor)
- 1Clean chicken and pour sour cream over it and let marinate for about an hour in the refrigerator.
- 2Meanwhile, take crackers and crush into medium course crumbs, mix in Parmesan cheese and Tarragon/ Marjoram.
- 3Melt half of the butter and pour on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- 4Dredge chicken in the cracker mixture and set in baking dish.
- 5Repeat until complete.
- 6Melt rest of butter and pour on top of chicken.
- 7Bake@ 350 for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steven's World Famous To-Die-For Sour Cream Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 927.0
- Calories from Fat 607
- Total Fat 67.5 g
- Saturated Fat 32.1 g
- Cholesterol 171.2 mg
- Sodium 892.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 30.3 g