Famous Butter Chicken
Chicken breasts are dipped in beaten eggs and cracker crumbs, then baked with butter. This chicken is really tender, moist and delicious! A real favorite in my household.
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup crushed buttery round cracker crumb
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Place eggs and cracker crumbs in two separate shallow bowls.
- Mix cracker crumbs with garlic salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in the eggs, then dredge in the crumb mixture to coat.
- Arrange coated chicken in a 9X13 inch baking dish.
- Place pieces of butter around the chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I baked only one chicken breast in a small pan using this recipe (I used Club crackers). It was DELICIOUS. Once in the pan, I packed on more cracker crumbs onto the top of the breast and pressed it in. I didn't measure the butter, just put a few margarine pats around the breast. Bake until the cracker crumbs are brown (it's crunchier than if you just bake till lightly golden brown). I also added more garlic salt and salt to the chicken once in the pan. Very easy and really yummy!