Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made this stuffing the first time I hosted our family Thanksgiving and it has been a requirement ever since. You can use any type of bread with this, but I think pumpernickle & rye are the best combination. Although the list of ingredients looks a bit long, it is easy-peasy to put together, tastes great & has a nice presentation.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 12 ounces pork sausage
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 medium sweet peppers, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons dried sage, crushed
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 9 cups dry bread cubes
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 325
- Drain all liquid from thawed spinach & place in a large bowl.
- Brown sausage in a large oven safe pan & drain fat.
- Add sausage to spinach.
- Saute onion, sweet peppers & celery in butter until tender (use same large pan).
- Add seasonings.
- Add bread cubes & spinach/sausage
- Drizzle with broth until moist.
- Cover & bake for 45 minutes.