1/1 Photo of Spicy Seafood Jambalaya
Definitely for the seafood lovers out there and a a great one to impress your friends.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, seeded and cut into 2 cm pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (425 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 500 g medium green shrimp, peeled and deveined tails intact
- 500 g mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- 250 g fish fillets, cubed
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- sea salt
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large flame proof pan with a lid.
- 2Saute onion, bacon, capsicum and garlic for 5 minutes or until soft.
- 3Stir in thyme, cayenne pepper, spice mix.
- 4Cook for 2 minutes then add the rice.
- 5Add the tomato paste, tomatoes, chicken stock and wine and bring to the boil.
- 6Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until rice is just tender and liquid has been absorbed.
- 7Add the shrimps, mussels, fish and cook covered for further 3 minutes until seafood is cooked through and mussels have opened.
- 8(Discard any that have not opened).
- 9Stir in the coriander, season to taste and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Seafood Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (815 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 690.6
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 232.2 mg
- Sodium 1354.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 55.8 g