photo by Stardustannie
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- 400 g diced tomatoes, undrained
- 250 g tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 440 g butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 440 g red beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion, green bell pepper, celery, and garlic in hot oil until tender, about 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add water, tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, cayenne and fennel seed.
- Bring to a boil and add rice. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until rice is tender, stirring frequently.
- Add beans and cover. Simmer 5-10 minutes longer or until well heated, stirring frequently.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a busy mum to 5 plus a precious grandson. I've always had a passion of serving healthy nutritious and most importantly tasty food to my family and friends. Being an Aussie I have a insatiable appetite for bbq'ing . My cookery books fill three shelves of a large bookcase and I use the internet constantly looking for new recipes and ideas. My passion for food and cooking has been passed down to my children with 2 now being qualified chefs and another 2 working part time in the food industry whilst studying. My grandson has enjoyed the benefits of a 'foodie family' and has only ever eaten food freshly prepared by us and usually grown by a member of the family as well. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/RecipeSwap2.JPG" width=100%> <a href="http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/Missymop/?action=view¤t=crazykeas.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/Missymop/crazykeas.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <img src="http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/Swap14.JPG"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">