Instant Pot Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- Place a steamer basket in the inner pot and pour in one cup of water.
- Place potatoes in the basket and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- Cover and lock the lid in place. Place the vent to the sealing position and set to manual on high pressure for 9 minutes. When the cook time is done, quick release the pressure and turn off the heat (press cancel).
- Carefully drain the potatoes and return back to the pot. Add buttermilk, olive oil and remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt. Using a potato masher, mash until potatoes are smooth and creamy. Serve warm.
- Serves: 4; Calories: 125; Total Fat: 4 grams; Saturated Fat: 1 gram; Total Carbohydrate: 21 grams; Sugars: 2 grams; Protein: 3 grams; Sodium: 155 milligrams; Cholesterol: 1 milligrams; Fiber: 2 grams.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!