Recipe by Carrie Ann
This recipe was put out by the makers of Miracle Whip a number of years ago and it's one of my favourite side dishes for chicken or turkey dinners.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 3 cups cooked very well drained and mashed hubbard squash (you'll need 2 1-kg. bags,or 2 1-lb. bags of frozen squash) or 3 cups butternut squash (you'll need 2 1-kg. bags,or 2 1-lb. bags of frozen squash)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onin in a small amount of Miracle Whip dressing until tender.
- Combine all ingredients except bread crumbs and margarine.
- Spoon into a greased 6 cup casserole.
- Combine bread crumbs and melted margarine; sprinkle over squash.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until golden.