Recipe by Nif
An easy and delicious tapa dish. There are many versions of albondigas and this is one that I hope you like. Enjoy!
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This is super fast to put together and smells wonderful while cooking! My bouillon cubes wouldn't really crush up, so I used powder bouillon instead. I probably made my meatballs too large (I ended up with 13). I think they overcooked, though, and should only be browned before adding the onion. The additional cooking and the simmering with the tomatoes cooks them well. I also would add some salt next time. I know it's tricky because of the bouillon. Made for ZWT 8.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb ripe tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped (boil for 1 minute, shock in ice water, then peel)
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the ground beef with the egg and half of the chopped onion. Season with one stock cube and black pepper.
- Pour olive oil into a large pot and heat. Roll the meat mixture into the size of ping pong balls and add them to the oil. Fry until almost done then add the rest of the onion and fry together for another couple of minutes.
- Add tomatoes to the meatballs; add the red wine, the other stock cube and black pepper to season. Let everything simmer for another 15 minutes.