Crock Pot Stewed Apples
This is such a comfort food to me in the Fall and Winter. I hope you like it as much as I do!
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 20mins
- 3 lbs tart apples, sliced cored, and peeled (I actually prefer to leave the peels on, but that's up to you)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter, sliced into a few thin pieces
- Put first 5 ingredients in your crock pot.
- Stir well to coat the apples with all the spices.
- Dot with butter.
- Cook on low about 4 hours.
- Stir once during cooking.
- Since crock pot temperatures vary, you should check to make sure that apples are soft but not mushy like apple sauce.
- It should have the consistency of apple pie filling.
- This is DELICIOUS warm with vanilla ice cream!
- It's good plain too.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 10 more