Recipe by CaliforniaJan
This recipe uses southwest ingredients to make a tasty and tender porkchop that is still low in calories. It is also easy to put into the marinade in the morning and simply cook later in the day for dinner.
- 2⁄3 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 2⁄3 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, minced
- 4 teaspoons lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (to taste)
- 6 boneless pork loin chops
- 1 avocado, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chops. Place on a broiler pan rack. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Baste with reserved marinade.
- Serve topped with remaining marinade and garnished with avocado and cilantro.