Top Review by r_fletcher28_11495307
This cake is awesome! It isn't super heavy like most carrot cakes. It has great texture AND great flavor! Only thing I added was a teaspoon of almond flavoring. I also used a different frosting but that's because I have a favorite frosting! I baked at 350 for 30-35 minutes in a 9 inch round--perfect!! I'm using this cake for my sister's wedding.
- 3⁄4 cup self raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, grated
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 60 g cream cheese, softened
- 30 g butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 20cm ring tin, line the base with paper; grease paper.
- Sift flours, soda, cinnamon and nutmeg into a bowl, stir in sugar and carrot. Combine oil, eggs and sour cream and stir into flour mix.
- Pour mixture into ring tin, bake in a moderately slow oven about 50 minutes.
- Turn on to rack to cool.
- When cold spread with icing and decorate with walnut halves.
- CREAM CHEESE ICING:- Beat cheese, butter and lemon rind in a small bowl until light and fluffy, gradually beat in sifted icing sugar; beat until combined.
- ** I don't bother icing this, good one.