Recipe by NoraMarie
I think I got this off the net a long time ago. I have also made it with semi sweet cherries and it was very good.
Top Review by noodleme20
I LOVED this recipe! I used both Certo liquid pectin and Ball liquid pectin. Both worked great. They set up great, and the kids love the jam on their waffles and pancakes in the morning! Thank you so much!!!!
- 1360.77 g sour cherries (about 4 cups)
- 1656.13 ml sugar
- 170.09 g liquid fruit pectin
- 4.92 ml almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, stem, and pit cherries.
- Chop them small pieces.
- Put fruit and sugar in a large saucepan.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in liquid pectin.
- Skin 5 minutes.Add almond extract,.
- Put in jars and seal with hot lids.
- I sometime do a 5 minute hot bath, but not everytime.