Fresh Bing Cherry Jam
photo by sherryann.b
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- Add the cherries, lemon juice, and salt to a slow cooker; stir gently; let stand for 15 minutes to dissolve the sugar.
- Sprinkle with pectin.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 1/2 hours, stirring twice during cooking.
- Remove the lid, turn the cooker to HIGH and cook for 2-3 hours more, until the jam reaches your desired consistency.
- Ladle the warm jam into clean spring-top glass jars (or use screw tops with new lids); let stand to cool.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
- Or spoon into small plastic storage containers and freeze for up to 2 months.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!