1/1 Photo of Simply Delicious Shrimp and Corn Chowder
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry -- Made with Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onions, this is a creamy, delicious shrimp and corn chowder.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh shrimp, unpeeled, medium size (I buy mine at the local fish market already peeled and deveined...saves time!)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup red sweet bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 21 ounces chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 2 (8 3/4 ounce) cans salt-free cream-style corn
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 lb fresh crabmeat, drained and picked of shells
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- salt (depends on your chicken broth)
- 1Peel and devein shrimp. Rinse under cold water and set aside. Keep cold.
- 2Coat a dutch oven with cooking spray; add the oil, and place over medium high heat until hot. Add the onion, celery, red pepper, and garlic. Cook until tender.
- 3Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly for one minute. Gradually add in the chicken broth, water, carrots, bay leaves, thyme, nutmeg, and white pepper.
- 4Bring to a boil, and cook for 10 minutes, then add the Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onions. Cook for 10 minutes more.
- 5Stir in the milk, corn and hot sauce. Return to a boil. Add the shrimp, crabmeat, and cilantro; cook 5 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink, stirring constantly.
- 6Remove and discard the bay leaves and serve.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Delicious Shrimp and Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.5
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 132.4 mg
- Sodium 820.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 24.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion