Spicy Potato-Crusted Tilapia
photo by liisjor
- Ready In:
- 4 tilapia fillets (about 13 oz.)
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried cilantro (or 1/2 tbsp fresh)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons green onions (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 1 medium lemon (cut into wedges) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix taco seasoning, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper and 1/2 tsp salt in a large plastic baggie.
- Place tilapia fillets in baggie and shake to coat evenly.
- Let tilapia marinate in baggie for at least 10 minutes.
- Place egg whites in shallow bowl.
- Mix hash browns, green onions and 1 tsp salt in a dish.
- Dredge tilapia fillets in egg whites and place in a single layer on a cookie sheet that is liberally coated with cooking spray.
- Top each fillet evenly with hash brown mixture and press into fish to set.
- Spray tops of fish with cooking spray.
- Cook in pre-heated oven for 16 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Turn oven to broil and continue cooking for 4 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges and squeeze onto fillets before eating if desired. (optional).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!