Spring Hash Brown Quiche With Asparagus and Goat Cheese
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: A fresh hash brown crusted quiche, filled with fresh chopped spinach, diced sun-dried tomatoes, asparagus tips, sliced green onion, tangy goat cheese, and egg custard. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner and special occasions...especially Easter and Mother's Day! I love this recipe for its fresh ingredients, color and gourmet appeal. It is easy to prepare, but looks and tastes fantastic.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, divided
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, diced
- 15 asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into one-inch lengths
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced with a some of the green part
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray deep dish pie plate generously with Pam or any other non-stick cooking spray.
- Toss Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns with the melted butter, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- Press buttered potatoes onto the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate.
- Bake in the preheated 425 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Top Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns with spinach.
- Top potatoes and spinach with sun-dried tomatoes.
- Beat the eggs with the half and half and remaining salt and pepper.
- Pour over potatoes, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Arrange asparagus over egg mixture, sprinkle with the green onions and then scatter the goat cheese over the entire dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes in a 350 degree oven, or until the center is set.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting.