Recipe by Larry E Vaughn
This is an excellent lunch or dinner entree based on the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company recipe. This is one of the most delicious recipes I've tasted. This recipe provides for lots of broth to sop up with your bread. It's VERY flavorful! Preparation time presumes that you have peeled and deveined shrimp. Rice is the usual side dish, but you may prefer another side that is not as filling. I find that I just enjoy the bread, broth and shrimp, and don't need much else!
INGREDIENTS FOR SHRIMP PREPARATION
- 2 lbs frozen medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 2 French baguettes, broken into thirds
- 2 cups white rice (optional side dish)
INGREDIENTS FOR BROTH
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 24 ounces clam juice
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons minced onions
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or Splenda)
Directions See How It's Made
- BROTH PREPARATION.
- Saute pepper, onion and cajun seasoning in butter over medium heat.
- Add chicken broth and clam juice.
- Increase heat to high, drop in boullion cubes and stir constantly until dissolved.
- Add all other ingedients and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to simmer until ready to serve.
- SHRIMP PREPARATION.
- Melt butter in skillet and heat until it reaches golden color.
- Squeeze roasted garlic into butter, add worchestershire sauce, pepper and Cajun seasoning and saute until well mixed.
- Add shrimp, and cook to medium rare.
- Add to broth and bring to simmer just before serving.
- Serve in large bowl with baguette portion, sides, lemon wedges and garnish.