Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tasty twist on a summer picnic favorite!
- 6 extra-large hard-boiled eggs, cooled
- 6 large shrimp
- 3 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill
- Place the shrimp in a small saucepan with enough water to cover; bring to a boil, remove from the heat and let stand 1 minute. Drain, add cold water to cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Carefully peel the shells from the eggs. Cut the eggs in half lengthwise; place the yolks in a mixing bowl and reserve the whites.
- Shell, de-vein, and chop the shrimp finely, then add to the egg yolks.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, capers, parsley and Tabasco and mash the mixture with a fork until smooth.
- Fill the whites with equal amounts of the mixture and sprinkle dill over the tops.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.
My DH loved these. I omitted the dill since I had none and used a small shrimp on top of the egg. Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag
I am a sucker for trying new types of devilled egg. I had never had them with shrimp so I thought I would give these a try and I am glad I did because they were very tasty. I used fat free mayo and that worked out just fine. Made for the Family Picks portion of ZWT for the Chow Hounds.